Monday, October 4, 2010

Go Maroon Team!

I am not in to sports. I don't take pleasure in screaming at the television about flags being thrown or obsess over players' stats (though I relish in their scandals). This is basically Pat's nightmare as he watches his precious sports and I contribute stellar comments like, "those colors DO NOT GO WELL TOGETHER.....isn't he dating Kim Kardashian? Hell, who ISN'T? Snort. High five!...when is this overrrrrrrrr?"

This, however, does not dampen Pat's enthusiasm and this weekend, he forced us all to REPRESENT: Pat started talking about team history...loyalty and pride...I just zoned out and thought, "hey, I look good in maroon. Suh-weeeeeeet. Wait, what's a Mike Shanahan? Is he NASCAR? Honey, why is your face purple?"

Anyway, we went to the Brown's house to watch the game. Pat acted like Natalie was now unrecognized as a member of the human race because she liked the Eagles. Why? Eagles are nice flying birds and oh.....it's a team. Natalie basically has an alter to her precious team at her house and I was a bit worried about sacrifices when the score started to climb. I contributed very little to football-oriented conversation and just ate chips. However, one conversation worth noting and is 100% accurate:

Brie: Wait, Michael Vick is a quarterback? When did that happen?
Ben: (insert most crazed, dumbfounded, disbeliving face EVER) Are you…can you actually….I just….get out of my house.


*In my defense, I totally would've known Vick's position had he dated Kim Kardashian.

0 comments: