Friday, October 29, 2010

Friday, I Beckon Thee

Finally - Friday. I have survived the week….though the day isn't over yet and it's valiantly trying to bring me down.

Exhibit A - Dylan creeping in to my room like a ninja at 4am to tell me he saw a car in our driveway. I bolt out of bed (while Pat snores the sleep of the dead) ready to murder anyone on my property line. Dylan says "the car is blue and verrrrrrry big, Mama." Something clicks in my barely-aware brain - "is it MY car, Dylan? Is that what you see?" Silence then……."yes. Remember today is Orange Shirt Day, Mama. I need an orange shirt."

Exhibit B - cafeteria credit card processing registers are SHUT DOWN. So that means CASH ONLY. The year is 2010. Who the F carries cash anymore? I am currently involved in an internal struggle of 'do I risk life & limb and head out in to Tysons for lunch OR do I die of starvation after I have already polished off the ketchup packets and straggler M&Ms I found in my desk?' NoVa friends, I'm gonna need someone to run a sandwich or something hearty - your choice - up here to McLean. We're besties. I know you can handle that. See you soon…..hello? Lazy bitches.

Exhibit C - this was the shirt I wanted to wear to show solidarity with my brother over in Afghanistan.
It was designed by my very talented cousin, Joe Otto, and every member of my family has one. However, it did not go with the cute ankle boots that I am sporting today but it will get some usage this weekend. Do you not get it? Do you find it offensive? You're a hippie...here's your sign.

0 comments: