Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Why Do I Talk To People? Part II

My usual Wednesday email to my team consisted of an edited, cleaner version of welcoming Brendan home. It's been a hit. A lot of tears. I work with real cry babies.

Just to keep you all entertained, I figured you would appreciate the below.

Note: we are in the midst of a real tight timeframe around testing and validating results on a project (are you asleep yet?). People are curently overworked, insane and pulled in 19 directions but we are pushing through. We held a meeting about keeping up the hard work and the Big Guy told us all to keep at it and go to him with any issues but this is how I not only captured it, this is also how I sent it out to our whole team:

"If you have deliverables in other areas and are currently working on something else, let Bob know and he can attempt to get you off."

Motherfucker.

(not Bob)

You could hear the wave of laughter on my floor as that hit inboxes.