Monday, November 8, 2010

T&A, baby, T&A

Today, Dylan had a tonsillectomy & adenoidectomy or, as all the profesh peeps kept calling it, a T&A procedure (insert Beavis & Butthead-style laughter HERE).

Dylan was not a fan of being stripped down and changing in to a tiger-covered nightshirt. Nor did he like all the machines. But he DID love the red hospital socks.

His procedure was fast and uneventful and when the doc came out and said all had gone well, we were relieved. He then mentioned "those were some HUUUUUGE tonsils." Hopefully, Dylan's 3am window-rattling snores will be a thing of the past.

Heading back to Recovery, I was anxious to see my boy. I saw him crying on his bed and ran to him. He said, "Mama! Mama!" and I said, "I'm here, buddy. I have you!"

He said, "Mama, I want to go to Bob Evans!"

Healing prognosis: Stellar.